Saturday 14 April 2018

There's jungle all over, man!

The journey into the jungle took another leap ahead in the last two day as my trees grew to reach a conclusion.


The foliage is being glued on. This was the most worrying part as it was my plan to snip branch clusters off model trees and glue them into place. 


This process should have been practiced but i didn't. This led to drilling too many holes in the wrong places. The holes need to be at the top and the branches carefully chosen to create a continuous portrait of greenery. 

Now i need to figure out how to fill the holes. Putty? 


Having more than one tree per base was a good idea. I like the stump on the above base. 


Above you can see the holes i drilled into the mdf for the plastic plants. Thanks once more to Chinese workers for producing buckets of this stuff for almost no cost. 


Here are the branches snipped off and waiting to be matched with their trees. 

Foliage loss was an issue until i remembered a suggestion i saw on youtube - hairspray. A quick spray keeps the foliage on the tree while it is being worked on. I plan once completed to give it a dousing. 


The trees waiting for the unkindest cut. 

Next post will be the trees on the table for a game. Just a little more snipping, drilling and gluing. Now i need another storage container. 

2 comments:

  1. I would leave the holes possibly even rough them up to look more natural? Trees look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Matt. I tried and failed with putty as it ruined the textured surface I'd created with toilet paper. I decided to just fill the holes with foliage. One or two I painted a dark shade and left. The holes were just too perfectly round to appear very natural.

    ReplyDelete