Sunday 22 April 2018

Wargames Terrain - Marsh

This is my third attempt to make marshland for my wargames table. 


My mistakes have been many. The thought expended on this project - procrastination mainly - would total months of time. 

I'm very happy with the paint job here - especially for the watery areas. I'm now really nervous that I'll stuff up the watery resin part and ... I think there may be swearing at that point. 


I really wanted to use mounting card and not MDF as I don't like how raised it appears from the wargames table. I mean you always look down at a swamp or pond don't you?


Here was my practice run. So close! I added a little too much paint to the water mixture - I'm using a two part resin and hardener combo - the same I use for my very successful sea tables. 


Here was another problem - putting some grass on first. It just sucked up a lot of the water mixture. I don't like this effect too much. 


Nice and thin. The way I want it to be. Just a mounting card base, a outer rim of thinner cardboard and a stipple of polyfilla then dry brush. 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. What colour did you add to the resin for the water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vallejo Brown Violet. Just have to watch the quantities as I only use a small amount of resin for such marshes. Even a drop from the paint container is too much.

    ReplyDelete