Saturday 25 September 2021

Brutal Bullies ... New Ogre Guards


In continuation of my latest fantasy project, I painted two Reaper Bones Ogre miniatures. They are excellent value and the large, solid form of the ogres removes the plastic softness common to the Bones range. I like the sculpts as each ogre oozes a flabby muscularity and menace displayed in the skulls each carries. 


How will these fit into my project? And ... what is my project? It started as Mordheim - but is well beyond that now - although ogres do feature in that game. I decided to buy and paint these two to fit into Rangers of Shadow Deep .. if I ever play that game. I have all the terrain and figs for it (well, I just ordered some $3 plastic spiders to fulfill that final need.) 

They do fit into my new beastman warband rather well ... hmmm. 


If not, will they take the field in Frostgrave - if I ever play that ... or something else? I'm sure they will get some use and I do like the figs - even though I found so much skin and muscle a struggle to paint. The idea of role play bounces around my head ... but is then thrown out again - I think I'd feel silly at 50 sitting around a table trying to be a gnome. 

In any case, the ogres have arrived ... whether they will be brutal line breakers in a battle or dull witted guards to bypass remains to be seen. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment