Friday 27 August 2021

The Beastman Warband Grows

My warband of raiders, underlings and all purpose seeders of destruction grows. 


I have 14 out of 20 beastmen completed. Although not varnished ... i can't leave the lockdown to get the varnish I need to finalise. So here they are ... nude. 


I'm very happy with the appearance. I used a slightly different technique than I normally do. I tried to leave more areas of shadow and highlight more sparingly. 


It works really well 'by eye' but not as well under the sharp lens of a shitty phone camera. 



I made a shaman model but neglected a banner. I thought this would communicate more organisation than I wanted this group to have. 


So far, 7 bowmen and 7 melee warriors. 


Six more melee men to come. 


The harsh warhorn has sounded in the wilderness ... and guttural bleating wild cries have echoed in answer from bleak wind torn places. The warband is summoned ... no doubt for ill purpose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment