Sunday 20 March 2022

Mordheim, Sigmarite Mausoleum and a New Skirmish Board


This post is about a few things and nothing much really. 

Firstly, I've been meaning to assemble the Sigmarite Mausoleum in the configuration shown on the box for some time. I wondered if it would be too cluttered to allow easy access to figs. It looks great and works well. I'll be using it in a game soon - I think gamers won't knock the buildings over too easily in play. 


The next two images feature my new board for skirmish play (actually ALL these images show the new board!.) I used the same method as my earlier desert skirmish board. It is 3x4 feet in dimension as is 6mm mdf board. 

(I do love the Knight of Shrouds - I'm always on the edge of buying a Nighthaunt army to paint ... and then I remember what an average gaming system AOS actually is. Not sure GW have ever made a good battle game but they do make good skirmish games.) 


I stipple multi-purpose filla onto the board to create ridges. These are these pretty easy to dry brush. I added some patches of green too - but need to brighten these. I added some flock but couldn't get it right. The flock was either too bright or the patches I applied it in didn't look right. I've been scrubbing the flock off. The project had currently stalled as I can't decide what to finally do. I think I'll just be painting it. Covered in terrain it looks good. 


My daughter hard at work in designing a setting for one of her stories. 


This is the table from last Tues night's Mordheim game. It worked very well. I have included my scratch built blue foam terrain too and my buildings made from Hirst Arts pieces. 



I do still need to give those bridge sections a light drybrush of bone paint to complete the look. 


Oddly, it is the trees that really complete the graveyard appearance for me. Overall, i think the dark board suits the gothic atmosphere I was going for. In my mind, the cemetery at Mordheim should be enormous - like a whole suburb - or a Grave World with the living surviving from looting the remains of more glorious ages - and avoiding the guardians of the dead and the sinister Undead looking to manipulate all three (graves, guardians and the living) for their own nefarious ends. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment