Friday 17 April 2020

Arthurian Wargaming

Now bereft of other figures to paint ... thanks in part to my dithering when ordering and also the delay in postal deliveries during COVID ... I am painting any remaining figures I have.

This has led me back to the Dark Ages of Arthurian wargaming. Two stray Westwind character models that have lingered around my workbench for well over 12 months have now been daubed. And the results were quite pleasing ...




On the left stands the dark magician - complete with severed head topping his staff. He will be a worthy addition and a great source of narrative for battles - if I get over my aversion for creating scenarios again?

The right side shows the bard ready to regale his audience with remembrances of past valour and treachery. There is a very good Dux Bellorum scenario needed a bard that I would like to play again. In this even the defeated side can win if the bard is correctly placed throughout the game.

Now all I have left is 6 Dark Age cavalry - from a Late Roman Gripping Beast plastics box. They are being painted as Saxons ... but as I wish to paint other things these are dragging ... I'll pour myself another scotch and get back to their completion. Then I'll be ready for when those medieval condottieri arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment