Wednesday 1 July 2020

Condottieri Army in Action

My quickly painted medieval army produced during COVID is now in action. 


(Knights facing my main foot battleline. My cannon was left right out in this battle. Got to figure out how to use those little buggers.) 


(The clash is about to happen.)



I've had two games of ADLG (which are my preferred ancient and medieval rule set atm) and enjoyed both. Strangely for a freshly painted army, the Italian mercenaries have won both! 
Regardless, I have found the army a great deal of fun to use - and they are very pretty on the battlefield. The two medieval games have been against historical (or near historical) opponents - Teutonic Order and another Condottieri. I run mine as either Venetian or Florentine. 


(On the other side ... could my knights get ride down the medium foot?)



(C'mon ... charge me already! Not really. My crossbow and longbow units were scoring some important hits at this stage on the Venetian knights.) 




My miniatures are Mirliton - which are quite good with only a couple of small complaints. Due to the COVID crisis I have purchased all I can from the one Australian stockist I can find and am now awaiting his restock. To give me some more choices I'd like another 6-8 units and this will allow some real flexibility - especially to elect to dismount knights. 


(Look, a shot from my new drone camera!)



(Back on the ground Venetian knights were beginning to fall.)


(One unit of my knights had pitched into the flank and was rolling up the line. My foot held masterfully against the charge and allowed this to work wonders. Florence for the win!) 


(And yes, ... my left flank of knights - led by the Captain General of Florence did take some shooting hits but thumped their way through the medium foot.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment