Wednesday 15 April 2020

ADLG Fields


Over the last six months (?), I have started playing ADLG. I really like the rules and (for now) they are the ancient and medieval rules I want to learn more about - and perhaps how to play properly. 

I have played quite a few games (Gauls, Romans, Macedonians, Ottomans, Mameluke, Golden Horde) where the terrain chosen is agricultural - to reduce difficult terrain pieces that might restrict cavalry or heavy infantry movement. Due to this ... we need fields ... and we run out. 

It's not that I don't have fields - I do - lots of them. But they are for LOTS of different rules and most are larger than ADLG requires. So I knocked up some new ones yesterday - good old MDF board then a stipple of multi-purpose filler, a dark base coat then a couple of lighter dry brushes ... bit of flock around the edges. Done!

I then stuck some clump foliage to some cardboard pieces - sand and PVA then the same painting process - to simulate crops. With six new pieces (and a maximum of 3 i believe) I shouldn't be getting caught out again - can even combine the little ones to form a bigger field should the urge strike me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment