Monday 23 January 2023

Medieval Turkic ADLG Rebasing


It wasn't a flashy or especially artistic job but it has been on the drawing board for 18 months. 

The, originally, Ottoman army that I painted for FOG then Sword and Spear has been rebased. It WAS covered with coloured saw dust flock and mounted on card bases I'd cut by hand. 


Now it is much better on laser cut MDF and Vallejo Earth Texture Desert Sand. After that its a little green flock (the desert isn't entirely drab) then lots of pebbles and soft tufts of longer dry grass. 


Then army is much larger but I've done enough bases for many different feudal and medieval muslim armies for ADLG. Where once I needed 12 cavalry for a single unit in FOG (or Sword and Spear) I now need but a single base of 3! Therefore, my 10 units of cavalry (120 miniatures) and some more light horse .... go a VERY long way.


Pictured are lines of 10 heavy bow, 10 medium bow cavalry, 6 light cavalry, 2 impact LC, 4 elite LC, 4 impact HC, 3 generals, 4 LI bow, 4 LI firearms, 4 medium sword/spear, 3 LMI bow, 4 MI Bow/sword Janissary, 2 elephants and 1 heavy artillery. 

Did I miss something?



That amount gives me the troops to do anything from Seljuk, Mameluke, Ottoman Empire, Golden Horde and Timurid - plus quite a few I can't recall. 



But it should be said ... I really can't play this army very well. 



That will be my 2023 gaming project ... figure out how to effectively use a horse archer army. Just how to use horse archers against medieval armies with lost of heavy foot and XB has long been a concern of mine. The addition of some of my own foot bow may help. 


As yet, my elephants have not hit the table. 


And the final image ... wow! That's a lot of turbans. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment